Search this blog


Home About Me Contact Us
Welcome to Poetic Karen! All poems and articles here are original. If you have questions, comments or suggestions, please email me via bfog58gmail.com.
Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lying Lady  

People are asking me why I only post poems in this blog instead of sentences and paragraphs style of blogging. Well, the reason behind that is the difficulty to list out ideas that belongs to bittersweet memories. Since it is conventional to write my thoughts anyway, instead of poems only, let me do so from now on.

This time around, I will be sharing about a place named “Lying Lady”. That place is actually a mountain formed literally into a lying lady when viewed from afar. Beneath the mountain sits a lake, the depth of which has never been known. There are many stories linked to that place. There was one time when a huge wave covered the lake killing a whole family except a young girl. There are also times when tornadoes appear in the lake and people in the mountain could see its twirling effect. No matter what, the place is still famous in the locality because of its mysteries and enchanted beauty. Here is a poem about the mysterious place “Lying Lady”.

Sitting beneath you is a lake
which makes my eyes swell
because of its enthralling beauty.
Lying lady, you make me wonder all the time.

Staying here in the mountain
is the only way I could be near you
since life becomes miserable.
Lying lady, make me feel your embrace.

Running around the lawn beside your gates
made me shine brighter
despite pain and agony.
Lying lady, bring me to where my loved ones stayed.

Be still, and look after me.
My lying lady.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments shared: to “ Lying Lady